Screenprinting – update
Although I confess to being a scattergun, and like to try most things I have to concede defeat on screenprinting. Try as I might I couldn’t get the stencils, the squeegee and the screen to work well together. I resorted to abandoning the screen, trying tracing paper, card, cartridge paper, different inks, different squeegees and ended up painting with a squeegee instead. The ink refused to stay above the stencil including the plastic ones I made from the pack supplied, the paper stuck to the printed area and torn off and even masking tape did much the same.
I think until I find a short course on screenprinting my kit will be packed away to gather dust. It’s such a shame given my memories of a childhood lesson in school. It seemed so simple then but I distinctly remember the image or stencil being glued to the screen while on YouTube there are oodles of examples of not having to. I have visions of posters and t-shirts, tea towels and cushion covers but alas it was not to be. Time to move on to intaglio and drypoint etching before the month is out.
You must be logged in to post a comment.